Nov. 30, 2009
2009 Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Site
ACC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
- The 5th annual Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game between Georgia Tech and Clemson is the culmination of one of the most amazing seasons ACC Football has ever seen. The game will take place on December 5, in Tampa, Fla. at Raymond James Stadium and will be shown on ESPN at 8 p.m.
- At this year's ACC Championship the action starts long before the actual game kicks off with a 48-hour celebration that will provide fun for the whole family. The weekend's festivities officially get started at noon on Friday with the Coaches & Awards Luncheon in the Tampa Convention Center. Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney will participate in a chalk talk where they will discuss their seasons, then this year's winners of the ACC Football Awards will be announced.
- At 7 p.m. on Friday night at the ACC Headquarters Hotel, the ACC Night of Legends will honor one legend from each school including two former Heisman trophy winners in Vinny Testaverde and Chris Weinke as well as legendary Clemson head coach Danny Ford and Georgia Tech record-breaking halfback Eddie Lee Ivery. The invitation-only event hosted by former ACC standout and current Tampa Bay Buccaneers star Ronde Barber will wrap up with an after party featuring a live show by contemporary jazz composer Eric Darius.
- The Channelside's Toast to the Atlantic Coast will be taking place at the Channelside Bay Plaza at 7 p.m. on Friday. There fans can join in on the biggest downtown party of Championship Weekend by enjoying the Tampa nightlife. The event also features a live performance by the participating school's marching bands and a chance to meet some ACC mascots.
- On Saturday, the pre-game festivities for ACC FanFest kick off at 5 p.m. with free admission for all game ticket holders. The biggest party of Championship Weekend has something fun for the whole family to enjoy including over 200,000 square feet of interactive games, the annual ACC team mascot football game, team pep rallies, food, autograph signings and much more. There will also be a live concert at 6:30 p.m. headlined by CMA Award winning artist James Otto, the voice behind ACC Football's "Ain't Gonna Stop" campaign.