OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
ACC Road Trip "Ultimate Road Trip" Promotion
1. Promotion Description. This promotion ("promotion") is sponsored and administered by Raycom Sports Network, Inc. ("Raycom Sports"/"Sweepstakes Administrator"), 1900 W. Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28208, on behalf of The Atlantic Coast Conference ("ACC"), ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12:00 AM EST on September 8, 2012 and ends at 12:00 AM EST on November 8, 2012. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on November 7, 2012. Promotion is void where prohibited by your state or local law. This promotion is governed by the laws of North Carolina. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. The Promotion is open only to current legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are Twenty One (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Promotion. Void in New York, Rhode Island, and where taxed, restricted, or prohibited by law. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., Raycom Sports, The ACC and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, General Motors LLC, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter: Via Online: To Enter, visit www.theACC.com/RoadTrip or www.Facebook.com/theACC, and complete an Official Online Entry Form, including verification of age and acknowledgement of the Official Rules.
For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials that contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Raycom Sports and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Raycom Sports may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Raycom Sports is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
One (1) Prize. Prize #1 to be awarded on 10/5/2012. Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the Country Music Awards November 1, 2012 in Nashville, TN Trip includes: Two (2) tickets to the Country Music Awards show; Two (2) nights hotel accommodations (October 31, 2012 and November 1, 2012, hotel room is 1 double occupancy standard room to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); $400.00 US spending cash. Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $1,700. Actual cost of Prize may vary based on hotel accommodations costs. An IRS form 1099 will be issued to each winner (copied to the IRS) showing the actual value of that winner's prize, not to exceed $1,700. Difference between actual value and stated value will NOT be awarded, and no cash equivalent is available or payable. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded
One (1) Prize. Prize #2 to be awarded on 11/9/2012. Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the ACC Football Championship game on Saturday, December 1st, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Trip includes: roundtrip coach class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from airport near winner's place of residence to an airport nearest game location (selected at the discretion of the Sponsor); two (2) nights hotel accommodations (hotel room is 1 double occupancy standard room to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); two (2) tickets to the Night of Legends on Friday, November 30th; a special meet and greet opportunity with Music Personality to be determined at a later date on Saturday, December 1st (exact time and location sole discretion of the sponsor and will be communicated on-site). Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $2,000. Actual cost of Prize may vary based on transportation costs. An IRS form 1099 will be issued to each winner (copied to the IRS) showing the actual value of that winner's prize, not to exceed $2,000. Difference between actual value and stated value will NOT be awarded, and no cash equivalent is available or payable. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded
12 weekly winners (One winner per week for 12 weeks) each receiving a die cast replica Chevy vehicle plus ACC Gear. (TBD) Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $60
Publicity Release: Acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's and travel companion's consent that their names, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation or consent.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. On Friday, October 5, 2012 one winner will be selected at random using Ravenel New Media Consulting, LLC, an independent judging organization and determined to be the potential Prize #1 winner of a weekend at the Country Music Awards show, subject to verification of winner eligibility. On Friday November 9, 2012 one winner will be selected at random using Ravenel New Media Consulting, LLC, an independent judging organization and determined to be the potential Prize #2 winner of a trip for two (2) to the ACC Football Championship game subject to verification of winner eligibility. An additional 12 winners will be selected, one per week on Fridays, September 14, 21, 28, 2012, October 5, 12, 19, 26, 2012, November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 2012, at random to receive a die cast replica Chevy vehicle plus ACC gear. Winners will be notified via email and/or phone at the address/number provided during registration. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. Limit one (1) prize per person/household during the Promotion. Each potential winner will be notified within approximately 24 hours upon being selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after three (3) days, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected (at Sponsor's sole discretion) from all eligible entries received. A potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner is not an official and confirmed winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned all required documentation, including, but not limited to, a release and affidavit of eligibility, and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. Each potential winner must complete and return all necessary forms. Forms must be received within five (5) business days after notification of winning. If a potential winner does not complete all forms necessary within the time given, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be chosen at Sponsor's discretion. Promotion Entities are not responsible for documents not received within the required timeframe. All decisions of Sponsor and/or its designees shall be binding and final.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Valid driver's license or other appropriate photo identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within five (5) days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all income, local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, certain transportation costs not specifically addressed in the description of prizes above, miscellaneous costs and expenses not included in the prizes listed above, gratuities and any other items of an incidental nature. Raycom Sports will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Raycom Sports if Raycom Sports reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that Raycom Sports, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), General Motors LLC, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, all other entities or parties associated in any way with the Raycom Sports and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion or prizes, including, without limitation, responsibility for alleged property damage, personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the promotion prize(s), however caused.
8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Raycom Sports. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Raycom Sports are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
9. Facebook Release. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Facebook, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Each entrant acknowledged by acceptance of the rules that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participant is providing information to Raycom Sports and not to Facebook.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Raycom Sports, 1900 W. Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28208 between November 15, 2012 and May 1, 2013. Winners will also be posted on www.Facebook.com/theACC.