ACC Official Sponsors
Tickets & Travel
Legal & Advertising
Oct. 12, 2011
• Atlantic Coast Conference teams hold down seven of the top 17 spots in the latest NSCAA poll, led by No. 3 Duke and No. 4 Wake Forest. The No. 4 ranking for the Demon Deacons is the highest in the 18-year history of the program. The No. 3 ranking matches the highest Duke has ever been ranked. The Blue Devils were listed third nationally during two weeks in 1993 and one week in 1994.
• The latest Soccer America poll continues to list seven ACC teams among its top 11, led by Duke at #3 and Boston College at #4.
• This week’s NCAA RPI Report lists five ACC teams among its top 10 (Duke #4, Wake Forest #5, Virginia #6, Boston College #9 and North Carolina #10). Florida State is at #15, Maryland at #23, Miami at #25, NC State at #28 and Virginia Tech at #30.
• ACC Co-Player of the Week Caroline Miller of Virginia is the first conference player to score two overtime goals in ACC play since UNC’s Meghan Klingenberg and Casey Noguiera both accomplished the feat in 2007. Miller has scored five of Virginia’s nine goals in ACC play this season.
• ACC Co-Player of the Week Tara Campbell of Duke has posted a school single-season record 10 shutouts as the Blue Devils’ starting goalkeeper.
• Boston College owns a 3-0 record in ACC road games heading into this week’s games at Miami (Thursday) and Florida State (Sunday).
• ACC teams own a 72-10-5 record vs. nonconference opponents this season, including a 41-6-4 record at home and a 22-2-1 mark on the road.
• After sitting out the past two seasons due to injury, Virginia Tech redshirt sophomore Shannon Mayrose has recorded seven goals – including two game-winners – with two assists so far this season.