ACC Official Sponsors
Tickets & Travel
Legal & Advertising
Oct. 26, 2011
• Maryland is ranked No. 1 in all three major men’s soccer polls this week (NSCAA, College Soccer News and Soccer America)
• Two other teams remain ranked nationally with North Carolina a consensus top five and Boston College ranked as high as No. 13.
• ACC Player of the Week Charlie Rugg of Boston College has scored two game-winning goals in overtime in conference matches this season. Rugg has four game-winning goals in all.
• Virginia Tech goalkeeper Kyle Renfro has played every minute in goal for the Hokies this season and sports a 1.18 goals-against average.
• Virginia has posted three consecutive shutouts. Tuesday night’s 2-0 win over American came in the Cavaliers’ first full game without leading scorer Will Bates, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in last Friday night’s game against Virginia Tech.
• North Carolina reached the 20-shot plateau for the eight time this season in Tuesday night’s 4-0 win over South Carolina.