ACC Official Sponsors
Tickets & Travel
Legal & Advertising
Nov. 29, 2011
• The ACC has won 10 of the 12 Challenges played to date ... ACC teams have won 72 of the 119 games (.605) played in the Challenge ... Boston College (5-0) is the only undefeated team in Challenge play.
• In 2010, the Big Ten won its second consecutive Challenge by a 6-to-5 margin ... road teams won five of the 11 games.
• The ACC (.665) and the Big Ten (.619) rank first and third, respectively, among conferences in NCAA Tournament winning percentage.
• Since 1988, the ACC (23) and the Big Ten (17) have had 40 of the 92 teams in the Final Four and have won 10 national titles.
• Teams that lead at halftime are 88-29 (.752) in Challenge play ... there have been two ties at halftime ... the largest halftime defi cit overcome was 20 points (27-to-47) by Illinois in a 76-74 win over Clemson in 2009 ...the ACC has won 20 games after trailing at halftime, theBig Ten nine.
• Teams that shoot 50 percent or better in Challenge play are 37-9 (.804) ... the lowest field-goal percentage by a winning team was 29.8 percent by Iowa in a 45-42 win over NC State in 2005.
• At least one ranked team has played in 62 of the119 Challenge games played to date ... 24 games have had both teams ranked ... in the 2001 game between Michigan State and Virginia that was cancelled because of a slippery floor, both teams were ranked.