ACC Official Sponsors
Tickets & Travel
Legal & Advertising
RALEIGH, N.C. (gopack.com)- A balanced offensive attack - 276 yards rushing and three rushing scores and 235 yards passing with two TDs - helped the Wolfpack defeat visiting Syracuse 42-29 at Carter-Finley Stadium Saturday afternoon.
• The Pack's 42 points ties as the most in an ACC contest under Dave Doeren - 42 vs. Wake Forest (2014).
• The Pack's 511 yards of total offense is the second-highest in an ACC contest under Doeren - 511 vs. Florida State (2014). The Pack's 35:15 time of possession is also the second-highest in an ACC game under Doeren - 38:49 vs. North Carolina (2014).
• For the second straight year, a Pack DE dropped into coverage, and picked off a pass returning it for a pick-six. Last year, Pharoah McKever's 82-yard INT return turned out to be the difference in the Pack's 24-17 win. Today in the third quarter, freshman Darian Roseboro picked off an Orange pass and rumbled 20 yards for the TD which put the Pack up 35-16.
• NC State scored on its opening possession for the eight time in its 11 games this seaosn. NC State also opened with back-to-back TDs on its first two possessions, the fifth game this year they did so.
• NC State has now outscored its opponents 124-47 in the first quarter (14-3 today) and 222-128 in the first half (21-9 today) of games this season.
The Wolfpack will close out the regular season next Satuday, playing host to UNC-Chapel Hill. The game time will be either noon or 3:30 p.m., with an announcemnt expected tomorrow.