ACC Official Sponsors
Tickets & Travel
Legal & Advertising
League tops US News & World Report list for seventh straight year
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The member institutions of the Atlantic Coast Conference again lead the way among Power 5 conferences in the latest “Best Colleges” rankings released by US News & World Report.
ACC member institutions combine for an average rank of 48, marking the seventh straight year that the ACC has led all FBS conferences.
“Our member institutions continue to excel academically which is a credit to their leadership and long-standing commitments to excellence,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “The addition of our newest member schools, as expected, further bolsters the ACC’s collective ranking. These rankings indicate that the ACC continues to have the strongest collective balance of academics and athletics of any major conference.”
The ACC is the only Power 5 conference to place over half of its member institutions among the Top 50 one of only two Power 5 conferences with all its members in the Top 101.
Duke boasts the league’s highest ranking at 7th and is joined in the Top 30 by new member institution Notre Dame (18), Virginia (t-23), Wake Forest (t-23) and North Carolina (30). Also in the Top 50 are Boston College (31), Georgia Tech (36) and Miami (47). Beyond the top 50 are Clemson, Maryland and new ACC members Pittsburgh and Syracuse (all tied at 62), followed by Virginia Tech (69), Florida State (91) and NC State (101).
*Average rank of ACC Schools: 48
* The ACC has led the Power 5 conferences in best average rank in each of the last seven years.
* The ACC is one of only two Power 5 conferences to have all schools ranked in the Top 101.
* The ACC is the only conference to have every school ranked in the Top 120 and have at least one school in the Top 10 every year since 2006.
* The ACC has had every school rank in the Top 112 every year since 2006.
* The ACC has had a school finish in the Top 10 every year since 2006 (one of only two Power 5 conferences that can make that claim).
* In the 2014 rankings, the ACC is the only conference with over half of its member institutions in the Top 50.
* The ACC placed eight schools in the Top 50, three more than any other Power 5 conference
* The ACC's five schools ranked in the Top 30 are the most among Power 5 conferences