Aug. 8, 2012
- Miami's Murielle Ahoure (Ivory Coast) finished 6th in the 200m Finals with a time of 22.57.
- Florida State's Gonzalo Barroilhet (Chile) competed in the Men's Decathlon 100m, Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump and 400m, finishing the day in 23rd place with 3962 points. Barroilhet competes in the final five events on Thursday, August 9th.
- Miami's T'Erea Brown (USA) finished 6th in the 400m hurdles Finals with a time of 55.07.
- Florida State's Hannah England (England) ran a time of 4:06.35 in the Women's 1500m Semifinals, but will not advance to the Finals.
- Florida State's Maurice Mitchell (USA) ran a time of 20.56 in the Men's 200m Semifinals, but will not advance to the Finals.
- Duke's Shannon Rowury (USA) ran a time of 4:05.47 in the Women's 1500m Semifinals, automatically qualifying for the Finals on Friday, August 10th.
- North Carolina's Alice Schmidt (USA) ran a time of 2:01:65 in the Women's 800m Preliminaries. Her time qualified her to advance to the Semifinals on Thursday, August 9th.
- Wake Forest's Chris Paul (USA) had 7 points, 3 assists and 5 steals in 119-86 win over Australia. USA advances to the Semifinals.
- Maryland's Sarnas Jasikevicius (Lithuania) had 3 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds in 83-74 loss to Russia.
- Duke's Martynas Pocius (Lithuania) had 5 points, and 3 assists in 83-74 loss to Russia.
- Wake Forest's Darius Songaila (Lithuania) had 15 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals in 83-74 loss to Russia.
- Miami's Brittany Viola (USA) finished 14th in the 10m Platform Preliminaries and will compete in the Semifinals Thursday, August 9th.
- North Carolina's Illse Davids (South Africa) played 53 minutes in 2-1 loss to Japan.