Aug. 7, 2012
Track and Field
- Florida State's Barbara Parker (Great Britain) ran a personal best time of 15:12:81, getting ninth place in Round 1 of the women's 5000m. She will not advance to the finals.
- Florida State's Maurice Mitchell (USA) ran a time of 20.54s, getting first place in heat 3 of Round 1 of the men's 200m. He will run in the semifinals tomorrow, August 8.
- Miami's Murielle Ahoure (Ivory Coast) ran a time of 22.49s, getting second place in heat 2 of the women's 200m semifinals. She will compete in the final, tomorrow, August 8.
- North Carolina's Ola Sesay (Sierra Leone) jumped 6.22m, getting 12th place in group A in the women's long jump qualification. She will not advance to the final.
- North Carolina's Vikas Gowda (India) threw 64.79m, getting eighth place in the men's discus throw final.
- NC State transfer Jesse Williams (USA) jumped the height of 2.25m, getting ninth place in the men's high jump final.
- Wake Forest's Hunter Kemper (USA) achieved a time of 1:48.46 in the men's triathlon, getting 14th place.