Eagles Take Victory Away From Hokies
Saturday November 2, 2013
(PHOTO: Andre Williams (44) breaks a tackle. Mandatory Credit: Ed Wolfstein-USA TODAY Sports for bceagles.com)
- • More from Boston College
- • More from Virginia Tech
- • @theACCDN Highlights
- • #MustSeeACC Moment: BC's Andre Williams Breaks Tackles for 19-Yard TD
- • #MustSeeACC Moment: BC's Kevin Pierre-Louis Interception for Touchdown
- • #MustSeeACC Moment: BC's Andre Williams 62-Yard Touchdown Run
BOSTON (bceagles.com & AP) - Linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis had a 33-yard interception return for a touchdown midway into the fourth quarter and Andre Williams ran for a pair of scores, lifting Boston College to a 34-27 win over Virginia Tech on Saturday afternoon.
Williams carried 33 times for 166 yards and Chase Rettig completed 11 of 14 passes for 93 yards and a TD for Boston College (4-4, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference).
Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas completed 24 of 40 passes for 391 yards and two TDs, but was picked off twice and fumbled twice, leading to 17 points of Boston College's points.
The Hokies (6-3, 3-2 ACC) took their third lead of the game on Cody Journell's 47 field goal - his second long one of the day - 1:52 into the final quarter. But BC rallied again, tying it on Nate Freese's 43-yard field goal midway into the fourth quarter.