Countdown to #ACCTipoff: Virginia Tech Hokies
Friday November 1, 2013
- • The Hokies return four of their top five scorers from last season including Monet Tellier (13.2 ppg), Uju Ugoka (12.5 ppg), Taijah Campbell and Lauren Evans (4.7 ppg).
- • Tellier led the team, averaging 13.2 points per game en route to setting the Virginia Tech single-season ACC scoring record with 396 points. Tellier also broke the Tech ACC career record for scoring and enters the season with 549 ACC points.
- • Tellier hit the 1,000 point mark last season in Tech’s win over then-No. 19 Florida State. She posted 24 points in the game, becoming just the eighth Virginia Tech women’s basketball player to top the 1,000 point mark as a junior.
- • The Hokies welcome five freshmen to the team this season, including Serafina Maulupe, Vanessa Panousis, Maddison Penn, Samantha Hill and Tara Nahodil.
- • Four Tech players represented their countries on the international stage over the summer. Campbell competed for Canada’s Senior Developmental team at the World University Games. Hill represented Canada while Penn and Panousis both represented team Australia at the FIBA U10 World Championships.