Countdown to #ACCTipoff: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Monday November 4, 2013
- • Georgia Tech will be led by senior Tyaunna Marshall, a 2013 honorable mention All-American, first team All-ACC selection and a member for the ACC All-Defensive team. The Upper Marlboro, Md., native led Tech with 18.1 points and 8.4 rebounds per game last season and was the only player in the ACC to rank in the conference's top 10 in scoring, rebounding and steals. She was also named the Georgia Women's College Player of the Year by the Atlanta Tipoff Club.
- • The Yellow Jackets stellar incoming class is led by high school All-American Kaela Davis. The Suwanee, Ga. native was ranked No. 1 overall by Peach State Basketball and JumpOffPlus.com and was the highest-ranked recruit in Georgia Tech history. She’s capture two state titles, one at Norcross in 2010 and one at Buford in 2011. Davis has won three gold medals on various USA Basketball teams and was the winner of the 3-point contest at the McDonald’s All-American game this year.
- • In addition to Davis, Georgia Tech welcomes three more newcomers including guard Donnaizha Fountain from Roxbury, Mass., Gabrielle Holston from Margaret, Ala. and Katarina Vuckovic from Smeredevo, Serbia.
- • The Yellow Jackets return 75 percent of its scoring led by Tyaunna Marshall’s 18.1 ppg. GT also returns 62 percent of its rebounds and returns its two top rebounders. Marshall led the 2012-13 squad, averaging 8.4 rpg while sophomore Roddreka Rogers averaged 5.6 rpg.
- • Six Yellow Jackets return who started at least 10 games last year and the Yellow Jackets return nine letterwinners. Junior Sydney Wallace is returning leader in 3-point shooting percentage, making 32.4 percent of her shots from behind the arc last season.